It is incredibly encouraging to see destinations welcoming international visitors. As of October 12th, Panama has officially reopened its borders to all countries.
Since closing its borders in late March, Panama has implemented new health and safety protocols. All visitors must show a negative PCR or antigen test taken no more than 48 hours before arriving or take a rapid test at the airport for $30.
With these new protocols in place, Panama has earned the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) Safe Travels stamp of approval, “the world’s first ever global safety and hygiene stamp based on guidelines from WHO and the CDC.” (Source: Panama to reopen to all international visitors on Oct. 12)
Other protocols and measures include but are not limited to:
- Surgical face masks always required in public spaces
- Ground Transportation reduced to 50% capacity
- Event Spaces are limited to 30% capacity
- Hotel stay at no cost for positive passengers
- Usage for electronic payment
- Standing or digital menus and maps
- Restaurant reservations required
Panama is ready whenever you are with open arms.
Please click here, to read complete press.