The breathtaking views and year round warm weather in Kuala Lumpur are reasons why it’s ranked as a top visited city by Mastercard Global Destination Cities Index.
Rich in culture, Kuala Lumpur is a mixture of Malay, Chinese, Indian and many more ethnic groups. With a wide diversity you can imagine that cuisine in Kuala Lumpur is irresistible for a foodie like myself. Aside from delectable dishes, Kuala Lumpur has so much more to offer! Here is a list of spectacular attractions in Kuala Lumpur:
- Petronas Tower are the tallest twin towers in the world, at 88 floors. The towers are especially beautiful when it’s illuminated at night! Tickets to visit the skybridge and the observation deck to get a view of the city are available online! As a bonus, the Suria KLCC shopping mall is right below the towers and offers over 300 stores.
- Batu Caves contain a Hindu temple that is embedded in an ancient natural cave formation believed to be over 400 million years old. The cave is located on a mountain, so in order to get there, you must climb up 272 steps first to get to the spiritual center of the cave. The sight is well worth the sweat, you will feel how small you are in comparison to nature’s wonders and the Murugan statue.
- Chinatown KL is one of the oldest parts of city. The lively, colorful neighborhood is known for its fashion shops where you can bargain, hawker stalls, and hipster cafés.
- Sunway Lagoon Theme Park is perfect for those thrill seekers. With over 90 attractions the park provides the ultimate theme park experience, you can enjoy a water park, amusement park, wildlife park, and a few themed parks.
- Jalan Alor is the ideal place to be for a food enthusiastic and located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, it offers a wide variety of restaurants to choose from.
- Perdana Botanical Gardens is the ideal place to enjoy tranquility while in the bustling city of Kuala Lumpur. The garden is located 15 minutes away from the city center. At the Garden you will find a bamboo house, bonsai trees, waterfalls, conservatory and more. The serene space is ideal for a jog, stroll, or to capture stunning photos.
Read about other must-see top attractions while in Kuala Lumpur by reading the original article, click here.